by Javier Hasse, Benzinga Editor
November 9, 2022 12:37 PM
Less than 30 years after Israel became the first nation in the world to allow its citizens to use cannabis for medical purposes, the medical and adult-use cannabis markets have spread across the globe at a dizzying rate.
Scientific research and cultural shifts have legitimized cannabis use, and dozens of countries now have fully-regulated national programs that allow for varying degrees of legal access. The United States, however, remains a notable exception, although currently, 36 states and four territories allow for the medical use of cannabis products.
According to a recent report, the global cannabis market is expected to reach to $42.7 billion by 2024 and shows no sign of slowing down.
While by no means exhaustive, this arbitrary list of executives represents diverse continents and the executives leading some of the most exciting cannabis and hemp ventures around the globe, showing the reach of the industry and its still untapped potential.
Cannabis Operators And Executives To Keep An Eye On In 2022 And Beyond
- United States
- Dr. Oludare Odumosu, Zelira Therapeutics
- Nancy Whiteman, CEO, Wana Brands
- Berner, Cookies
- Gary Santo, TILT Holdings
- Helene Servillon, Journeyone Ventures
- Jessica Passman, Hunter & Esquire
- Leah Heise, Gemini Twin Consulting
- Jessica Billingsley, Akerna
- Jamie Pearson, Ammba Inc.
- Jill Ellsworth, Willow Industries
- The Americas
- David Klein, Canopy Growth (Canada)
- Irwin D. Simon, Tilray Brands Inc. (Canada)
- Gastón Morales, Cannava (Argentina)
- Ezequiel Ugarte, Universal Growing (Argentina)
- Jose Bacellar, Verdemed (Brazil)
- Simón Espinosa, En Volá (Chile)
- José Lugardo, Grupo Sativa Health (Mexico)
- Isiah Thomas, One World Products (Colombia)